The Gladstone Equestrian Association was organized in 1985 to promote amateur sports, specifically equestrian competition, in compliance with Section 501(c)(3) and Section 170(c)(2)(b) of the Internal Revenue Code and the Regulations promulgated thereunder.
The general purpose of the GEA includes:
- Foster public interest in equestrian competition.
- Provide competitive forums in which equestrians may practice and develop their skills.
- Educate the public in equestrian skills and rules.
- Advance the interests of the United States Equestrian Federation in equestrian sport.
- Supplement purses where appropriate.